Re: [TowerTalk] Heliax Connectors

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heliax Connectors
From: Ryan Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:58:42 -0400
YOu can go three routes:

Official method: Splice kit.  Might be expensive although they have
popped up on the internet for varying cheaper prices.

Less desirable method: N male to N female.  Cost is two connectors.
Might show a small but insignificant SWR bump.  Not really a problem
on HF.

Homebrew method:  http://www.kl7uw.com/Hardlinesplice.htm

The last method I haven't tried personally but it looks intriguing.

Ryan, N2RJ

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Steve Bagley <n2mai@arrl.net> wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen:
> I have read so much information concerning what connectors to use for 1/2"
> heliax, I am thoroughly confused.
>
> I need to splice some heliax together for a long run, and terminate at the
> tower and shack.
>
> My arrestors are a standard SO-239 connector.
>
> I would prefer to use the connectors designed for the heliax vs standard
> 259's.
>
> Anyone have the appropriate part numbers and any concise input?  Really
> appreciate it!
>
> 73's
>
> Steve, N2MAI

Ryan A. Jairam,