[TowerTalk] TV antennas on HF towers

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TV antennas on HF towers
From: Charles Coldwell <coldwell@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:26:14 -0400
I've heard of/read about people who put television antennas (for
receiving  OTA broadcast TV) at the top of towers that are also used
for HF antennas.  Does this risk blowing out the receiver in the TV if
it picks up harmonics from the HF transmitter?  I suppose one could
use a low pass filter on the transmitter/amplifier output, but I would
still expect to get some RFI on the TV.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of setup?

--
Charles M. Coldwell, W1CMC
"Turn on, log in, tune out"

GPG ID:  852E052F
GPG FPR: 77E5 2B51 4907 F08A 7E92  DE80 AFA9 9A8F 852E 052F