VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III
From: callbill@hotmail.com (Bill Olson)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:45 2003
OK, so NOW what happens if there's a BIG tropo opening to the east coast
when we're all in the cornfield in Iowa??.... Oops!! Seriously, we in the
east know it's different in the midwest and west. Most of us did not move
here because of the VHF radio activity!! But we're really only competing
within our division and the rules were set up that way because activity is
different in different parts of the country. BUT.. it ain't only in the
midwest. Try VHF contesting from Maine sometime. Not much activity to the
North, especially on the higher bands and a WHOLE LOT OF OCEAN OUT THERE!!!
Basically ALL the workable grids are from west to SW. At least in the middle
of the country the grids in every direction have dirt on them!

bill k1DY