VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] A Brief History of (Captive) Roving

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] A Brief History of (Captive) Roving
From: kb1eaa@berkshire.rr.com (Dave Wendling)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:47 2003
> I have been encouraging rover activity from some grids that are west of me
but I would
> never expect those rovers to go there and only work me - in fact I would
be upset
> if that were to be the case.  I want us all to make more contacts.

Absolutly right on!   I too have encouraged other rovers.  What I didn't say
was, "hey why don't we travel together that way we will be assured of
activating every grid we pass through. Not only that, but we will have a set
number of points before the contest even starts"!!!

But,  on the other hand it's allowed and who cares about being ethical.
"REAL" contesters wouldn't worry. If anyone questions us, we will just jump
down their throats until they go away.........

KB1EAA, Dave