VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] 222 comments

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 comments
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 18:06:02 -0300
Dave, K1WHS said:

A look at the missed grids is very disappointing. To my NE I only nabbed
FN54 and 53 with K1DY and K1HC.  To my SW I missed FN24, FN23, FN21,
FN15,FN14, FN11, FN10, FN02, FN01, FN00, & FM28 among others.  Throw in the
empty grids to my NE and there were about 30+ grids easily available with
any station who would go there.  I am hoping to help improve things by
sending a complete 222 MHz station to some deserving VE1 amateur. The
problem is that no one wants it up there. I am still looking.

de VE9AA FN66

I've communicated with Dave re: same a few times but just so y'all are
aware:

We're not ungrateful up here.  Even if it were FREE , delivered and someone
installed the 222 yagi on my tower, on 222 night

I *MIGHT* work 2, maybe 3 people.

Activity in the Maritimes was never "great" (maybe work 10-12 guys over a
whole weekend on 2m) but it's now practically nil, so with FT8 being the
nail in the coffin, I and many other have simply given up, moved on or
passed away.

I put it to you all.  If you would work 3 people on 222 night (MAX) or even
4 people on 2 meters on an entire VHF contest weekend, would YOU continue?

Mike VE9AA FN66

Mike - Keswick Ridge, NB, Canada