VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] FN55 result and comments

To: <paul@n1bug.com>, "'VHFcontesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FN55 result and comments
From: "Chet S" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 15:23:11 -0400
Hi Paul,

Here in CT where there is more local activity, the band is not over-crowded,
there is always lots of clear space, and it is rare to find anyone below 170
or above 250 so I would not CQ there because few would find you.

I often point in your direction because 1) that is toward the Boston area
for me, and 2) I also want to work the grids farther up the coast that way.
In fact, I had put your call and grid on my contest plan sheet when you had
posted your intentions to be on, but never heard you.

Have you considered spotting yourself on packet? ARRL now allows that. Or
checking into the ON4KST chat page to announce when and where you are on the
air? I do not find that useful and believe it dumbs down the contest a bit,
but if I was in a rare place like you I probably would.

GL, CU in the next one.

Chet, N8RA