VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] KM4KMU Contest Plans: FM & SSB FM08JL

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KM4KMU Contest Plans: FM & SSB FM08JL
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 05:53:14 +0000 (UTC)
KM4KMU will be working FM and SSB from 4,400 ft in FM08JL (15mi west of
Harrisonburg VA) during the January contest.I will be calling CQ on 146.520 FM
and QSY from there other than Scheds.
100W on 6m, 2m, 1.25M & 70cm via 12 ft beams, FT-991A with SSB pre-amps on 2m &
70cm.I will be working the FM category with a demonstrated FM reach from
Northern South Carolina to Southern Maine.
I am happy to take SSB schedules on all four low bands from any location as
long as you willing to try FM so I can get some points too.  My beams are at 45
degrees so the losses are minimal.  Please send an email to Nosigma@aol.com to
set up a sched or text to 703 678 6795 on or before Friday January 16.  I am
working from deep inside the National Radio Quiet Zone (with permission) so I
will have no text, cell or internet during the contest.  On the plus side it is
S-0 on all bands/modes and I can run zero squelch on FM without going deaf.
I am short on scheds compared to most years after my "email blast" so please
reply. Expected mountain temps are single digits so only your QSO's will make
the suck worth it.
73Good Luck To AllJohnKM4KMU