VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] N6ZE: 70 Cm Sprint 2015 SPRINT Entry

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, PNWVHFS@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N6ZE: 70 Cm Sprint 2015 SPRINT Entry
From: peter h via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 20:39:11 -0400

       N5BF

       DM04VF

       42.6

       TOTAL KM:

       716.28

    10 QSOs; 3 GRIDS WORKED FROM DM04qb

   SCORE = 10 X 3 = 30 POINTS

   Soapbox:

   N6ZE operated for 1.9 hours from a ridge in the Santa Monica Mountains (CA).
Weather was great! (So was the pizza!) Initial temperature was near 80 deg. F &
visibility was in excess of 50 miles. Now for activity levels: not many ARRL SW
Division area hams bothered to get on the air for this SPRINT. QSOs were made
with 6 Ventura County (CA) stations, all members of the Ventura Co. Amateur
Radio Society (VCARS). Thanks to those who got ‘on the air’ for a while!

   By 2.6 km, K6VCR was best DX at 207.9 km, while W6WE in Nipomo, CA was
second best DX at 205.3 km.  As in the 222 MHz SPRINT, closest QSO (23.2 km)
was with N6VI in Chatsworth. I continue to support and promote the VHF/UHF
SPRINT Program as I have for many years and I passionately encourage others,
particularly HFers & “Newbies”, to try VHF/UHF communicating without resorting
to the use of repeaters.

   Rig: FT736 + 100 watt “Brick” + 17 element M-2 horizontally polarized yagi
at about 2380 ft. above sea level.

   NOTE: It is time for ARRL to again sponsor the Spring & Fall VHF/UHF SPRINT
Program!