VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] Where Have All the Multi's Gone?

Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Where Have All the Multi's Gone?
From: Dan Evans via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 02:12:53 +0000 (UTC)
Have to agree with the FT8 issues.  I actually love FT8.  It's great to work
amazing range with a small station.  But it kills me to work S5 stations on
FT8, after calling CQ on SSB with no takers...  I don't have an answer, but if
you want to make contacts in this area, you better work FT8...
I hate to see the decline in multi ops as well.  It always seemed to me that
the "big guns" with the CQ machines going boosted activity.  I know there
seemed to be a big decline in this area when the W9ICE group disbanded.  Of
course, I haven't been very active in the last few years either.
I'm hoping to make a comeback this year.  Although I may be doing more portable
"grid expeditions" than actual Rover trips.
73Dan K9ZF /R
-- K9ZF  President, Clark County Amateur Radio Club,Amateur Radio Emergency
Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el The once and future K9ZF /R no budget
Rover  ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at:  List Administrator
for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books  Ask me how to join the Indiana Ham Mailing list!

    On Friday, January 29, 2021, 01:35:59 PM GMT-5, Dave <kdcarlso@gmail.com>
wrote:

 Sadly, if we don't resolve the FT8 issue I'm not sure the rover count will
stay up either.
 clip