VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] June VHF Contest - VE3SMA/R Plan

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June VHF Contest - VE3SMA/R Plan
From: Steve Kavanagh <sjkavanagh1@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:53:04 -0400 (EDT)
VE3SMA/R will be roving in the area west of Toronto in
the ARRL June VHF QSO Party as follows (times in UTC,
days in local time):

Saturday

1900-2100 EN94xa (Mono Centre)
2145-2230 FN04 (not sure exactly where yet)
2330-0130 FN03au (Star)

Sunday

1215-1415 EN93uh (near Branchton)
1600-1800 very brief stops at EN92/93/FN02/03 corner
1945-2145 EN92op (near Port Burwell)
0000-0300 EN93sg (near Ayr)

Of the two main EN93 stops, the first is better to the
east and the second is better to the west.  I'll be on
a bit at other times for some skeds, but not generally
while in motion.

Hoping to have all bands from 50 MHz to 10 GHz (except
5.7 GHz) available, plus 24 GHz WBFM.  But I expect
1.2/2.3/3.4 GHz capability will be very limited - just
an FM handheld on 1296, and small antennas on 2304 and
3456. I'll generally be QRP, with 20 W on 2m and 5 W
or less on the other bands, but should be about as
workable as from my home station on 144-903 MHz and on
10 GHz.

This will be my first solo rover effort in a VHF
contest so I hope I can stick to the schedule and not
too much will fail.

Hope to work you all (several times if possible) !

73,
Steve VE3SMA