VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] Request for Rover Related URLs

To: rover@mailman.qth.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Request for Rover Related URLs
From: "Austin" <austin@k4amk.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 11:59:14 -0700
As previously discussed, I have registered "RoverContesting.com".  The
goal of this site is to become a central resource for newcomers to learn
more about Contesting as a Rover, as well as a central resource for
fellow Rovers to share hints, tips, etc to each other.

I am officially soliciting URLs that you believe would be of value to a
newcomer looking to learn more about Roving as well as how to build
their Rover.  If you have written articles relating to Roving and are
willing to have them posted on the site, I would gladly welcome these as
well.  Full Credit will be given to all authors.  Please keep in mind,
that I am looking for information and articles that have a newcomer in
mind.

One thing that I have learned is that roving in the Southeast is far
different from the Northeast, the Midwest, or out in the far west.
Someone made the suggestion that the site have information about tips
and tricks for roving in the different regions.  I liked that
suggestion.  I would love to receive articles, or information about
roving in the various regions of the country.

With that said, I am interested in this site being a resource for
current Rovers as well.  One thing will be list of rovers, their home
grid, and the bands that they have.  Another page will be contest plans
for each of the contests.  I would also like to link to various Rovers
that have websites out there discussing their particular roving efforts.

Please send URL suggestions, articles, or other information that you
think would be of interest for this website directly to me at
austin@k4amk.us.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all!

-Austin, K4AMK