VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] Nice VHF amps available reasonably priced.

To: Terry Price <terry@directivesystems.com>, NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Nice VHF amps available reasonably priced.
From: Paul Rollinson <paulrollinson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 15:55:57 -0500
Hi all,If your looking for 4 chip Larcan bricks to build an amp, or 2, let me
know.I have lo-lo(6m), lo-hi(convert to 2m), and hi-hi ( 222).I'm selling them
for a friend.Let me know if intested. The more you buy, the better the
price.Thanks,Paul Rollinson, KE1LI Rollinson Associates860-928-5147860-208-8814
Cell/TextPaulrollinson@sbcglobal.net Representing Component Part Manufacturers
for over 35 yearsSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Terry Price
<terry@directivesystems.com> Date: 1/19/21  3:41 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com"
<VHFcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu Subject: [VHFcontesting]
Nice VHF amps available reasonably priced. Folks, thought I would pass this
along. I've bought several of their HF-6mamps, 2m amps and 70cm amp (these are
just the pallets, I add my ownsupport electronics and relays). They work VERY
well and the workmanship onthe boards is first class.The HF/VHF units use a
pair of MRF300's which are a cheap plastic tabdevice that is about $40 each
from Digikey. They require 50V at 10-15A and12v for bias. I've found a device,
a TL783 which is a 3 terminal regulatorthat unlike 78XX series which will only
take up to 36v on the input,TL783's will take 50V and give up to 700ma output
current, more than enoughto run relays and provide 12v bias. These devices only
need two resistorsto set the voltage. I build mine with a pot in place of one
resistor so Ican adjust the voltage to suit whatever relays I'm using.If you
are looking for medium power, 500w class, for these bands, checkthem out. I
have no affiliation with them, just a happy customer. Shippingcan take months
with the current COVID situation but I've gotten somewithin
weeks.https://eb104.ru/karta-sayta/directoryTerry Price - W8ZNDirective Systems
and
Engineering703-754-3876_______________________________________________VHFcontesting
 mailing