VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity night

To: newsvhf@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity night
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2022 07:02:16 -0400
222 was a real challenge last night to say the least.
A North Atlantic cold front moved through late afternoon,
causing temperatures to plummet from 91 degrees to 60
in a matter of hours, taking band conditions along with it.
Activity was down too, many of the regulars simply weren't on.
WA3EOQ, usually an easy contact, was a struggle to hear.
W9KXI same thing, signals so weak on CW we had to use FT8.
Looking forward to better conditions next week. Here's my log:
VE2XX FN25, N1SFE/p FN31, W1FKF FN43, K1PXE FN31,
WA3EOQ FM09, WA1T FN43, W9KXI FN12, WA2LTM FN20,
and W1AIM FN34. Thanks for the QSO's.

73 Ron WZ1V FN31rh