VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint WZ1V

To: newsvhf@mailman.qth.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint WZ1V
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2024 10:25:15 -0400
222 MHz Fall Sprint - 2024

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V
Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31RH
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total: QSOs = 47 Mults = 19 Total Score = 893

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Activity was good first 2 hours, slow after that.
Conditions were good to the east, flat everywhere else here.
Worked most of the regulars and a few DX, like EN92, FN03, FM07,
but most QSOs under 300 miles. Not too bad for a 9.5 foot yagi
and a QTH barely over 100 foot ASL. Amazed I can work as much as I do.
I've discovered my other handicap is I can't type any faster than
about 5 WPM. When someone pops up on ON4KST chat, by the time I can
text them it's too late. I marvel how guys like K1TEO and K1RZ can pounce
in less than a second. But with arthritis in both hands I'm lucky it took less
than an hour just to type this. Thanks for the QSOs and your patience.

73 Ron WZ1V