VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid map overlay for google maps

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid map overlay for google maps
From: rover@ke5exx.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:18:31 -0600
Sorry guys, I guess I could have been more descriptive on how to use what I gave you.

You can click on the link tell your browser to open it. Google Earth will launch and add a new Temporary Place called kml.kml.

The other option, the one I use, is to open Google Earth, go to the Add menu at the top, and click on Network Link. Paste the link from the email into the appropriate field, fill out he rest as you like, and viola!

You can "turn off" the grids at any time by unchecking the box to the left of the containing folder.

I may play around with making the grids over water be invisible by default, no promised as to how soon that will happen.....

On 2013-02-13 17:08, Andy Delgado wrote:
This is an EXTREMELY rudimentary overlay I came up with a few years ago.
Hope this helps you.

http://www.ke5exx.com/GoogleEarth/Grids.php

Andy Delgado, KE5EXX