VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Transverter

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Transverter
From: Patrick Thomas <p-thomas@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 21:25:20 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
>Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 10:28:36 -0400
>From: Buddy Morgan <beamar@aol.com>
>
>Wanted to purchase, a 222 transverter, for use in the June contest. Contact me
>off list.

Depending on one's objectives, the Ukrainian 222 transverters are only about
$100, and when properly adjusted they provide decent signal quality.  If you
luck out and find a DEMI one for cheap ("only" 2-3x as much, uaed) then by all
means go that route, but if you want something new, functional, and cheap,
without waiting for exactly the right deal to come along, this might be worth
some thought.  I've been using one for the last few weeks on the Tuesday event
night, and it seems fairly effective.

I've been looking for a DEMI one to compare it with (see above re: "waiting for
the right deal to come along") but it's better than nothing, even for your
other colleagues on the band.  You could maybe even have it in time for the
sprint next Tuesday. :)

Patrick
KB8DGC