VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] RE: With all due respect...

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RE: With all due respect...
From: tomc7@earthlink.net (Tom Carney)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:43 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Pillsbury" <k2txb@dxcc.com>
To: "Ev Tupis (W2EV)" <w2ev@arrl.net>; "Stanford VHF eMail Remailer"
<vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>; "VHFContesting eMail Remailer"
<VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 6:23 PM
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RE: With all due respect... [was:Increasing
submitted logs]

          (first part snipped)

> It seems obvious to me that a lot of the contest participants are not
> serious about the contest, and only operate it because it is there.  I'm
not
> saying there is anything wrong with this, but certainly the number of logs
> submitted goes more to show participation by people who care about the
> contest than the count of all participants does.  I am sure that there are
> probably as many people who come on and make 10 or less contacts on a
single
> band as there are who submit logs.  Counting those people would give a
> distorted view of interest in the contests.

I had to wait a day before responding to this as I disagree big time.  I
don't give a fig whether people are "serious" about the contest or not.  I
just want more of them to operate.  And if they only have time to make ten
contact, great.  I wish there were many many more of them.

As KG4QDG has stated, we need to reach out to these people and determine
what is needed to get them to participate.

73  Tom   KE6FI/r