VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night 090324

To: VHFContesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night 090324
From: PHIL MIGUELEZ via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 15:38:09 +0000 (UTC)
The post Labor Day holiday activity on 222 was very lite this week. Conditions
were average at best and QSB seemed to only become a problem when you were
trying to work a particularly weak signal contact.
K8RYU (EM99) and I had another unsuccessful Tuesday evening contact attempt
struggle. I can hear Ralph just barely above the noise on most transmissions
but so far, we have not had conditions good enough for him to copy more than
bits and pieces from me.
The night ended early at 0030 as most stations wandered off and the band went
silent. Looking forward to the 2M Fall Sprint coming up on Monday and an
extensive week of operating activities and contests on the horizon.
I finished the evening with 11 QSO's and 9 Grids and even had a new initial
contact with WM3M (FM19). Always happy to find a new station joining the fray
on 222 Tuesday.
Phil NUF

| WZ1V | FN31RH   |
| WB2VVV | FN41CR   |