VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] K9ZF Rover plans!

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,"vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>,"inham@mailman.qth.net" <inham@mailman.qth.net>,"kyham@mailman.qth.net" <kyham@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K9ZF Rover plans!
From: Dan K9ZF <n9rla@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:05:03 -0500
Hi All,

I plan to run this weekends contest like this:

18:00z-19:00z  EM67 near Elizabethtown KY
20:00z-21:00z  EM77 south of Louisville KY.
22:00z-2300z   EM68   Salem, IN  [around 1000' elevation]
0000z-????       EM78  near Henryville, IN  [around 1000' elevation]

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Early Sunday I plan to head for the grid corner of EM69/79/EN60/70 and
spend a few hours there.   And sometime before noon
I plan to head north and hit EN61 & EN71.

Then I will back track through most of the IN grids to head back home in
EM78cq.

These plans are a little vague, but I should be able to stick to the
schedule:-)  Any 6 meter opening may alter the plan, I hate to move when
6 is open!! I'll be monitoring 147.585 FM Simplex full time if you don't
hear me, give me a call.  I have the laptop setup with the worlds
greatest logging software, Roverlog!  I plan to give the voice keyer a
good workout;-)

I have 4 bands this time out!!
6m-100 watts- 2 elements @ 30'  Icom 746
2m- 100 watts- 10 elements@20'  Icom 746
222- 25 watts-   7 elements @ 25'  Icom 746 + DEM 222/28  no amp here yet...
432-100 watts-  19 elements@15'   Icom 746 + DEM 432/28 + Brick

Come on band conditions!!  With 4 bands and 10 grids with any luck at
all I should be able to set a personal best score.  Although with the
great conditions we had on 6 last year, it may be a little tough.  But
I'm really looking forward to it.

73 & GL to all,
Dan

--