VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] Losing CQ and CQ-VHF......

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Losing CQ and CQ-VHF......
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 11:46:29 -0600
Hello to all VHFers.....the loss of CQ and CQ-VHF is really a bad situation. I have been hearing for several months that they were in bad financial shape. That is really a shame.

I have also heard that a group of HF contest ops had been loosely organized with the intent of keeping "the contests" going, even if CQ completely failed. I wonder if that group also plans to keep the CQ WW VHF contest going?? The CQ WW VHF contest was, in my view, far and away the best contest that we in the VHF world have. Far, far better than the ARRL's microwave affairs. The new rules were especially good for digital meteor scatter and digital EME.

It would really be awful if the loss of CQ also meant the loss of the WW VHF contest in July. Does anyone know if any attempt is going to be made to keep that contest going??

Everyone is REQUIRED to have a Great New Year.....

73 Marshall K5QE