VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] New SDR 10 Watt Output up to 1400 MHz

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] New SDR 10 Watt Output up to 1400 MHz
From: Tom <k8tb@bosscher.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 22:31:03 -0400
Jerry,

I'm scared that:

It will be over $ 1,200
It will be a dog.

But I think those statements will be wrong.

Because if, it goes for around $ 800 and works like it should, then yes. I'm committed to one.

We had a ham in day class and a VE exam, and those of us on VHF were all talking about it. Again, to be able to have a 6, 2 meter, 432, 902, 1296 AND 220 Mhz ssb/cw rig, it's scary. Oh, ya, and those DC bands.

And the even better news? Five years from now, it will have even more competitors.

Tom K8TB

On 8/9/2014 2:31 PM, Rhinosix via VHFcontesting wrote:
could this be a VHF/UHF ops holly grail?
jerry w2jcn