VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] Comments on ARRL VHF/UHF Contest Rules Change Propos

To: "Marshall-K5QE" <k5qe@k5qe.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Comments on ARRL VHF/UHF Contest Rules Change Proposals
From: "Dave Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 00:24:29 -0000
Marshall,
One problem with internet activity is that people tend to hang out on chat pages and run to a ham band, make a QSO and then go back to the chat page. I have seen a drop in real radio activity around here as chat pages became more common. The poor guys with no internet connection are at a disadvantage then. They have trouble even tail ending an internet influenced QSO. (Tell me about it!)_I did not have any internet at my remote ham shack in the past, and was getting killed in the Sprints etc as a result. Being in an outlying area, the number of people aiming my way were minimized as a result of my not being connected to the internet. Oh well, I bit the bullet and installed a high speed 5 GHz link up to the shack. I now have a high speed internet connection with very strong signal levels even during ice and snow storms. So I can go with the flow either way!

73
Dave K1WHS
Lebanon, ME

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marshall-K5QE" <k5qe@k5qe.com>