VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] June VHF Plans - KG9OV/R

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June VHF Plans - KG9OV/R
From: Tony Contratto <vhfcontesting@kg9ov.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 22:37:08 -0500
I’m putting the finishing touches on a new to me van for the rover this week
and plan to be out this weekend.  I will be operating Limited Rover, so only 6,
2, 222, and 432.  Primarily SSB if there is someone there to talk to, otherwise
FT8 / FT4 / other digital on all bands.  I will have APRS running while moving
between grids (turned off while operating), so you can follow me there
(KG9OV-9).  I’ll try to get at least a couple packets out at each new spot so
there is an accurate position for me on the trackers.  If I have decent
connectivity, I may be in the ON4KST chat as well.

Planned route:

Starting out Saturday at the EN61-EN62-EN71-EN72 corner.  ~2hrs in each grid.
Late Saturday into early Sunday morning, travel and likely grabbing a few hours
sleep.
Sunday morning and likely into the afternoon at the EN50-EN51-EN60-EN61 corner.
 ~2hrs in each grid, maybe more.
Sunday afternoon, moving back towards home with a likely stop in EM59 & EM58
along the way.

73 - Tony KG9OV