VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night Summary

To: "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night Summary
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 05:59:10 -0400
Thanks to all who got on last night. I only have about 1 minute to write this, but activity was really great. I ended up with 29 stations worked including W1XR in FM19. My cavity preamp was sorely missed as I could not work K3SK, who was copying me about every sequence, I never heard him at all. UNfortunately, his beam heading is almost the same as the CH11 TV station that overloads my frontend.  It really showed last night.  I tried a few skeds with N8WNA and K9FW.  I heard nothing, but K9FW did hear me for one sequence so that was exciting on a 740 mile path.   Somehow I missed N1SV and WA1PBU in all the excitement. I also never connected with WA1T across the lake in NH.  He was going to try his Quansheng on DSB.  I did work WA3EOQ 500 miles, and VE3DS 430 miles. W1XR is over 400 miles as well.  Hopefully I will be back at full RXing strength in a few weeks.

Have to run

73

Dave K1WHS