VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] Fall UWave Sprint

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com, "SVHFS@yahoogroups.co" <SVHFS@yahoogroups.com>, packrats@mailman.qth.net, NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net, flwss@flwss.net, BRARA <brara@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fall UWave Sprint
From: George Sintchak <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 21:13:29 -0400
            Microwave Fall Sprint

Call: WA2VNV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN30kv
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 8  Max Dist(km) = 389  Total Score = 1,539

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Only 8 Q's & 6 Grids. Conditions really terrible, bad fading up & down
on 1296. I think some must have quit early. Best was K1RZ in FM19jh, 389km on
1296 & 902. He was my only 902 contact. K3GNC & WA2LTM in FN20. N2SLO
in my FN30 grid. Activity was almost nonexistent in the NE except for K1PXE
& WZ1V, both in FN31. Where was everyone, out looking at the foliage?
144.260 coordination and the chat page helped make contacts but also had low
posting activity. W1XM was on briefly from FN42 and disappeared with some
station problem. Don't know what happened. I couldn't work K2SMN, he lost his
Az readout and didn't hear me. Tnx to K3WHC for a final FN10pa contact, 318 km,
during the last 30 minutes. Tnx for the sponsors of the Fall Sprint series and
any rovers out there. 73's George