VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] ic-910h icom dsp unit ut-106 installation

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ic-910h icom dsp unit ut-106 installation
From: STEPHEN L SALA <k7awb@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 16:27:34 -0700
I am trying to install a main dsp unit inside the 910.  the dsp unit comes in a
vinyl sheath with cutouts for the cables.  since the dsp unit has a grounding
spring unit on its bottom, it appears to me that one removes the circuit board
from the vinyl sheath and installs it with its metal spring to the metal
chassis.  Wonder how you ic-910h owners did it?  the unit without the vinyl
sheath is a little loose when I install the dsp metal cover with the two screws
to help hold the dsp unit in.  the instructions says to use the velcro to hold
it to the underside of the dsp metal cover, but I did not have in any in the
box.

suggestions on this matter. I thought it would be a ten minutes job.  hi  hi

73
Stephen L. Sala (Steve) K7AWB Nine Mile Falls, WA DN17es