VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] 222 activity night

To: "newsvhf@mailman.qth.net" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, "wz1v@sbcglobal.net" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 activity night
From: Rick R <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 01:51:03 +0000
I'm a bit disadvantaged this summer as the rental apartment we have now has the
same exposure as last year but we are on the 1st floor as opposed to being on
the 3rd floor last year. Only 4 QSOs CW again tonight with the "regulars" WW2Y,
K1PXE, WZ1V and K1WHS. Using 30W with an IC375 and a 3el HB "Cheap Yagi" about
15' above the parking lot outside the Juliet balcony. At 8PM the radio was
wracked with QRN up and down the band that made most copy impossible. I did
follow some of the activity on ON4KST, but conditions tonight here were not
great. Rick K1DS FN20id