VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] 1.2 yagi

To: Jerry <jer.sieg@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 1.2 yagi
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 08:40:07 -0700
If you build a homebrew yagi at 1296, from simple materials,  Al welding
rod, or copper #12 guage,  and a wooden boom, perhaps a hardwood meter
stick, what is the most touchy dimension or other aspect of the build that
you have to get just right to achieve max gain?   What component,
establishes a max power rating of say, 100 watts, vs a desired KW max
power?

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Jerry <jer.sieg@shaw.ca> wrote:

> That's a lil pricey !  Mike, if your just looking for a cheap yagi.. check
> out E Bay for the Chinese stuff..
>
> http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281126325870?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
> $20 and usually Free Shipping !  Can't beat that price if you just want to
> 'play around' a bit !  73
> Jerry
> VE6CPP
>
> On 5/6/2015 14:49, Mike (KA5CVH) Urich wrote:
>
>> Soooo, I'm looking at possible antennas for my ID-1.  I'd like a small
>> ~4-6 el yagi just to point towards the repeaters downtown, <or a
>> monoband omni>.  I may build me a "cheap yagi" but I wanted to see
>> what else was available.  I stumble across this one ....
>>

>> http://www.antennasystems.com/product/antennas-af-yagi-1-1_3-ghz/YA1200-9_5-6.html
>>
>> I wish them luck with that.

Best,   Pat Barthelow
​AA6EG​