VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706 6m/2m transceiver (plus HF)

To: VHF reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, 6meter@yahoogroups.com, 50mhz <50mhz@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706 6m/2m transceiver (plus HF)
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 15:41:27 -0600
I have for sale an Icom 706 original HF/6m/2m all mode radio in very good
condition.  This is the model that does 100 watts on HF and 6m, and 10
watts on 2m.  It also has a built in CW keyer, and SWR meter.  It comes
with a mic and power cord.  This is a great way to add 6m and 2m all modes
to your shack, plus a back up HF rig, but also one that does good enough to
be a dedicated HF rig.

This radio is in excellent condition physically. Looks almost new.  Works
great also, I have worked 160 countries with this rig in the past year, and
plenty of 6m and 2m QSOs with it also.  The only defect is a black spot on
the lower left hand corner of the display. It doesn't interfere with
anything in terms of viewing but it is there.  I can send pictures of the
display if needed.

I am asking $395 plus shipping for this very nice radio. It is a lot of
radio for the price, that is for sure.  I can take paypal/check/MO.

73 John AF5CC