VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] June VHF W4OWL/R Summary

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June VHF W4OWL/R Summary
From: Detrick Merz <detrick@merzhaus.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:27:18 -0400
KG4IFR and I went out as a rover. Plan was to start on the edge of FM18,
then hit FM17, FM08, FM07, back to FM08, FM09, FM19, then FM18 for home.
Ended up skipping FM09 and FM19. Got to the starting point late due to
traffic, and we didn't get our 432 yagi finished in time, so mostly only
had 6 and 2m available ... plus a few hyper-local 70cm FM contacts.

We had little idea what we were doing. I've done some HF contesting, WWFF,
and of course we've done FD. But this was only our second foray into
anything VHF (unless you count random FM repeaters and related public
service events). We also had two friends who decided they wanted to do
rover, too, so the followed us around until a mistake split us apart. It
was the blind leading the blind, for sure. But we all seem to want to do it
again (and have a list of things to improve upon)!

Call: W4OWL/R
Class: Limited Rover
Operating Time: 6h saturday, 7h sunday
Modes: SSB (with CW fill as needed), FM

Grid QSOs Grid QSOs Grid QSOs
FM18 5 FM07 7 FM08 46
FM17 4

RoverLog Score Summary, Using new rules:
Band QSOs Value QSOPts Mults
50 37 1 37 17
144 22 1 22 10
222 0 2 0 0