VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] Losing CQ and CQ-VHF......

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Losing CQ and CQ-VHF......
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 15:46:29 -0600
The world is changing. Speaking of SWL days, the commercial and
national shortwave broadcasters are slowly disappearing, one by one.
Radio Canada International, Radio Nederland ... gone. Soon to go -
Radio Moscow (or The Voice Of Russia, as it's called now). Not too
many left. The commercial shortwave bands really sound different than
they did in the late 60's and early 70's.

Quite a few publications are ceasing paper versions, and some are
still publishing on paper but offer a choice and prefer subscribers to
go to the digital versions.

I don't mind too much; there are advantages and disadvantages to both versions.

73, Zack W9SZ