VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] Re: [Yaesu] RFI/Power line noise problem

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: [Yaesu] RFI/Power line noise problem
From: presw@112motors.com (Pres Waterman)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:23 2003
> The power companies conclusion is "Sorry, it is not
> our lines, we can do nothing more, good luck."  So
> what do I do now?  This noise is frustrating at best,
> and really interfering with my receiving at worst.  I
> am not ready to conclude that it is not power line
> noise, as it seems to me that most people with line
> noise problems, get them in the lower HF range, not in
> the VHF range like the power companies equipment
> tested.

They check in the VHF range because it is usually so strong in the HF area
they need to bring it down to a manageable level by looking high up!

Contact w1rfi@arrl.net

You will have much success if you keep pushing. The FCC gets pissed at power
companies.

Thanks

Pres Waterman W2PW
c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.