VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] Bird/CD element question re 432 mhz

To: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Bird/CD element question re 432 mhz
From: VE3DS <ve3ds@acanac.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 22:12:27 -0400
Donald
The Bird is accurate to 5% of full scale, so if you are running 200 watts on
432 then go
with an element that will give you best “repeatability” of readings. 400- 1000
like a 250E or 500E if you are running higher powers…

Also note from the Bird manual,  from the  response curves.. a 500C works well
up to 1000 MHz, where it rolls off 1dB…so your C could  work ok…
and save you $$

Google the bird manual  its got a lot of good info.
Which PEP board did u get?

73 Dana VE3DS FN03