VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] HF-VHF contest log count disparity

To: vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] HF-VHF contest log count disparity
From: Rick R <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2024 02:33:26 +0000
Ed asked: how many logs are received by the ARRL for each of their contests,
both HF and VHF to understand visually the disparity.
Having been one of the authors of the QST June VHF contest results for about
ten years, I would tell you that the HF contests get 5X-8X the number of logs
than the VHF contests. I also wrote the EME results for ten years and we
finally got about 230 logs one year, hence the limited 1-page results in QST
and the rest online. I have reviewed logs extensively and less than half of the
ops submit their scores. If we find one station had 1000 QSOs on 6m and then
see of all the submitted logs that only 450 included QSOs on 6m, you can do the
math. Same holds true for the EME contest. Rick K1DS