VHFcontesting

Re: [VHFcontesting] group roving

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] group roving
From: "Trevor Raty" <traty@monkeywireless.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:47:32 -0800
A lot of the scores have to do with a lot of the mountain tops having a lot
of intermod, and all the hilly terrain, If your in northern California, it's
hard to get to So Cal without a lot of elevation, and luck. I'd love to do
Mt. Diablo (3800') but it's useless on 6,2, and 432. (When you have
watt-meter measurable amounts of RF coming down your coax, it's a bad
sign.....) We where on Mt. Vaca and the upper end of 2m (for fm simplex
talking and contacts) was useless. We only got 214 contacts or so, and that
was with moderate antennas and feed line.

Trevor KG6MDW (Operating as W6SN during Jan Contest)