VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] Microwave_Activity_Days

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Microwave_Activity_Days
From: w3iy@fcc.net (Bill Seabreeze)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:14 2003
Yo!

UPDATED...again...(this is FUN!).

Here's a NEW of summary stations known to be
planning activity for this Saturday
Microwave_Activity_Days:

W3HMS            FM19av 2360ft
KB8VAO          FM19av 2360ft
W4SW              FM18hx  ~500ft
ND3F                FN21hb 2200ft
W3IY                FM08us 3365ft
W4/ON1CFX   FM09tl 2290ft
K1DS                FN20ii ~600ft
N2JMH             FN12ef 2400ft
W4DEX            EM95tg  728ft; 250ft HAAT
WA4DFS          EM85us 6500ft!! (yes, it's really up there!!)
WA8RJF           EN91iq
AA2UK             FM29PN
K2UOP             FM09oi
WA3DRC          FN20lf
NE8I                  EN82em

I was too lazy to document all the bands that guys
have, but let me assure you it is an impressive list.
I think most of these guys are on 10G plus at least
2-3 other bands...give them some action!!
Find the paths you didn't think you could work.
Many stations have significantly upgraded their
capabilities.  Try stuff out.

There are probably many new paths now open
for you that weren't there before.  For example;
ON1CFX is going to a new high-altitude site in
FM09, which has a great view from 40 to 165
deg (true).

Get your rotor calibrated before the UHF test.
(don't trust a compass...use a known station as
a beacon, and record the indicated vs true bearing...
you'll be glad you did this later).

Please don't hog 144.260...Find your target and QSY
to another 2m freq for liason.  This leaves the channel
clear for more activity.  Thanx...

73,
Bill W3IY/R