VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] Boom! (another myth exploded) [was: A Brief History of (

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Boom! (another myth exploded) [was: A Brief History of (Captive) Roving]
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:48 2003
Greg Mills wrote:

> Okay, I have to admit... y'all can let the air out of my tires, clobber
> my front ends, and bend my yagis into pretzels.
>
> That was ME on Watchusett, I think? I told the guy a few minutes, as I
> had a schedule I was on for a little while. Well... I then put 40 Watts
> of 3 1/2 GHz RF into the front end of my 3 and 5 Gig transverters (and 2
> was deaf for some other reason). Sorry, but I wasn't in much of a mood
> to play radio while trying to figure out why I couldn't hear anything.

Greg, you are the MAN!  Yet another myth exploded.  See what happens when we
jump to conclusions without enough valid data? [doesn't he ever give up?!]  Greg
wasn't captive.  The contest lost it's Fun-factor for a while...so he stopped
operating [somebody stop me! :o)) ].

We all need to stop being so fragile.  There's a reason that the top stations
are the top stations.  Now go out and find out the real reasons, learn from them
and quit inventing dragons.

<giggling>
Ev, W2EV