WriteLog

Re: [WriteLog] SO2R - switch focus between radios

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R - switch focus between radios
From: "Kevin J. Rowett" <kevin@rowett.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:18:09 -0800

lots of great info about how to use WL in SO2R mode is available
in the help file...searhc for two radio contesting.

SHIFT-up/down will move the keyboard focus, and not change the
TX focus.

You should also look at using the %X parameter in macros.  When a
macro is sent, usually via one of the F keys, TX focus is
automatically shift to the radio with the keyboard focus. %X
says don't do that.

So - a scenario might be:
Running on left radio.
S&P on te right radio.

F2 = %X CQ de K6TD
F4 = K6TD

focus is on left radio, press 'F2'.

use VFO right radio to find a mult.
press Shift-down, start typing the call of the
   mult you just found.

If the CQ finishes and no answer, and the mult is ready
for you yet, press F2 - TX focus stays on left radio.

If no answer to your CQ, and the mult is ready, press F4.
TX focus go to right radio.

73, K6TD -KR-