WriteLog

[WriteLog] Friends.ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Friends.ini
From: bob@cytanet.com.cy (Bob Henderson)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:03:52 +0300
The friends file is just a great way to acknowledge your pals when you are
dxpeditioning and running a pile but has anyone noticed its operation
becomes intermittent at higher speeds.  At 38wpm names from the friends file
are sent sometimes and not others.  This is not so good when I work two pals
in succession with the first addressed by name but the second merely getting
5NN.  Makes me look a bit sniffy!

It seems that the character buffering of the call field (the red box around
the call) has something to do with this.  I have found that if I disable the
character buffering through the use of %D instead of %C this problem goes
away.  Doesn't help though, as I then have to slow down anyway, having lost
my call character buffering.

What's the answer?  Anyone know?

Bob Henderson
5B4AGN/ZC4ZM/G3ZEM