WriteLog

Re: [WriteLog] Problem w/W2K and WL10.63 install

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem w/W2K and WL10.63 install
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:26:29 -0500
> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:32:09 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem w/W2K and WL10.63 install
> To: writelog@contesting.com
>
> Charlie  KI5XP wrote:
>
> > Joe,
>
> [snip]
>
> > If an internet connection is
> > unavailable, you can download the SP manually from
> > Microsoft... [snip]
> >

> > Charlie
> > Ki5xp
>
> Are you saying Microslop has a BBS you dial into if
> there's no Internet access?
>
> Bryan WA7PRC ;-)

Nah, but keeping with Microsoft's foresight into internet popularity, I
remember a time when you could still FTP into their FTP site, cd into pub,
and wait for about 10 minutes while every single patch known to MS scrolled
by.  They dumped thousands of files into the pub directory with no index and
said, "Here they are for you".. :)

Wonderful Microshaft.

BTW: As a network consultant, I'm finally making professional forays into
Vista, and so far it isn't pretty at all.  You think specialized ham radio
applications have problems with it, wait'll you get some very expensive
customized databases that wont run on it, and combine that with lawfirms
looking to sue someone!

Charlie
Ki5xp