WriteLog

Re: [WriteLog] F11 Not Wiping

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] F11 Not Wiping
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 20:09:44 -0900
Art,

I never knew F11 could be used to wipe out the Entry window. I've always used it for sending a macro message, either CW, RTTY or SSB. No worries though, you can fix it yourself. Just create a keyboard shortcut and assign F11 to clear the Entry window.

Go to Setup/Keyboard Shortcuts.. to open the Keyboard Shortcuts window. Before changing anything scroll down the list of existing keyboard shortcuts to the list of F keys and see if F11 is assigned to some action. If it is and you want to give up that function, whatever it is, just left click on the F11 row and then click on Remove. The F11 key is now available for another action.

Now click on the "Next key pressed" button and then press the F11 key. In the "Command to run" drop box click on the down arrow to show the list of WL built in commands. Scroll down the list until you get to EntryClear. Click on this command and then the "Add Shortcut" button. Now click on the OK button. Now test out the F11 key function by entering something in the CALL field and then press F11. It should clear the Entry window as you are used to. If it works do a Setup/Save Configuration.. to save the modified keyboard shortcuts to your writelog.ini file. Now whenever you start WL the F11 key will perform as you expect.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: artw4aa@bellsouth.net
Sent: November 28, 2015 6:50 PM
To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] F11 Not Wiping

I haven’t used WriteLog since the ARRL DX CW contest last February. Tonight I began to set up for the upcoming ARRL 160 CW contest next weekend and found that F11 no longer wipes the Entry Window! What happened, and how can I get that function back? I run low power, and most of my contest QSO’s are via S&P. Often when scanning the bands, I enter a partial call in the Entry Window before I realize I had already worked that station. During the course of a weekend contest, I am sure I do that a couple of hundred times. I have NEVER used CTRL + W (or similar?) to wipe the Entry Window in the 15 years I have been using WriteLog, since using one finger is much quicker and efficient than using two. This software improvement (?) is a HUGE loss to me. What will it take to get the F11 Wipe Function back?
73, Art/W4AA