WriteLog

[WriteLog] Enter key

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Enter key
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:47:05 -0800 (PST)
--- WA9ALS - John <wa9als@starband.net> wrote:

> Running or S&P?  You mention running below.  Why even use the ENTER key when
> running?

It would be easier to use only one key, not 2.  Besides, INSERT is in a weird
place, not near the edge of the keyboard like ENTER or +.  I can just keep my
left arm draped in front of me, with my index finger on the enter key, and
right hand around the mouse.

> If you just hit the INSERT key, the call last highlighted call is
> entered and the exchange is sent.

Doesn't always work.  See earlier notes about super check partial highlighting
parts of calls, not recognizing unknown calls unless preceeded by DE, etc.

> I guess some want to ALWAYS use the ENTER key and have the program know
> whether you're running or S&Ping?  That must be a holdover from CT.

CT doesn't do this, but I think TR has context-sensitive ENTER key.  I only
used that program in a contest once.

- Jim

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com