WriteLog

[WriteLog] SO2R Box questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R Box questions
From: k9ig@contesting.com (Greg Clark)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:43:19 -0500
Could anyone that is using the W5XD SO2R box provide me with a bit of
detail?

At present I have a home-brew SO2R box.  I have CW generated by the PC
on LPT2 and directed to either radio 1 or 2 via the box.  Radio 1
control is on COM 2 and Radio 2 control is on COM 1.

I'm a bit confused on the connections for the W5XD board.

P11 to PC - Ok, this will be COM5 for me.
P10 to RIG - Do I need this? Is this for RIG control (freq etc?)

If I select the W5XD keyer in the SETUP menu and define it as COM5,
won't the CW come from the CW-Right and CW-Left jacks on the board?

How about P12 (Right) and P13 (Left).  Do I need these for
anything...they look to be used for TOP-TEN and other external device
control.

Confused...and turning something I'm sure is easy into something
difficult.

Thanks

Greg
K9IG