WriteLog

[WriteLog] Saving logs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Saving logs
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:53:20 -0600
Cort:

I setup a directory on my hard drive called writelog files.  After a contest
I'll do a save as contest name  and pick the writelog files directory.  I've
been trying to figure out a way to change the default mydocuments directory to
a different directory.  Until I figure that one out, I just do a save as to
the directory that I want.  So contests logs are easy to find I name each one
with a combination of the contest name and date.  For example my ARRL 10m
contest entry would be named 'ARRL10SSB2000', or my Nov SS CW log would be
'NOVSSCW2000'.  I also keep all the files on a zip drive for backup purposes.

So to recap all of my contest files are in one directory and not mixed in with
the files the mydocument directory.

Does any one know how to change the default directory in the writelog.ini
file?  I've scanned the file a few times and havn't had much luck.

Courtney Judd - K4WI wrote:

> Hi guys, question for the group: what is the best way to keep various logs
> and where to put them? In other words, I use to keep QDF files from na on
> 3.5 disks and when I needed them just copied them back to the log program.
> Right now i have .wl stuff scattered all over My Documents, in WL
> directories and etc. What do you guys do? Thanks Cort.
> Courtney Judd K4WI
>        ex-K4JYO
> check out www.k4wi.net
>
> --