WriteLog

[WriteLog] ESM and WriteLog

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ESM and WriteLog
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 17:38:45 -0800
The recent thread about using keyboard shortcut commands to navigate through the spots in the Band Map got me to thinking a bit. Always a dangerous thing for someone my age to engage in! One of the main purposes of this reflector is to exchange information and tips about WriteLog in addition to help solving the occasional problem that always crops up somewhere. From some of the direct emails I got in response to setting up Band Map navigation shortcuts I 'm wondering if there might be some other neat WriteLog abilities that few are aware of, much less use on a regular basis? One of the first things that popped into my mind in that regard is ESM, Enter Sends Message.

I frequently see on some other reflectors comments from N1MM users who are greatly impressed with the ESM functions in that software. Some have gone so far as to indicate it is the main reason they use N1MM. How many WriteLog users are aware that it also has ESM capability? How many would use this function if they know it's there? How many know its there, but have no idea how to set it up and use it? Interesting questions, but no way to come up with an answer.

So, in case someone out there in the WriteLog universe might want to think about using ESM I have updated a file I created some months back at the behest of a couple of AK hams who were interested in the concept. After updating a few topics I have saved the document as a pdf file that can be downloaded from the link below. If anyone follows through with this set of instructions and actually tries out ESM in a contest I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lwy9q3m78l2tag/Writelog%20ESM%20setup.pdf?dl=0

73,
Gary AL9A