WriteLog

[WriteLog] IARU problem

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] IARU problem
From: Marc Ressler <marc.ressler@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:08:40 -0400
I notice that the score reported in the summary sheet differs from the cabrillo file by about 5000 points, while the number of QSOs is identical. Any thoughts?

I probably wouldn't have noticed except that I had the time set wrong on the PC so that everything is off by 4 hours (PC was set for GMT - last minute stupidity), so I have been trying to come up with a simple way of fixing this problem. So far, I have exported a spreadsheet and corrected the time and dates there. Does anyone know of a way to import something other than ADIF back into WL? I do have a program that takes comma delimited files (which I can generate from Excel) and makes ADIF from them - but it requires columns in a certain order, and then I'm not sure what WL will do with it. There are only 164 QSOs (limited time running QRP) so I'm wondering if all the effort in Excel will be worth it to generate ADIF, as I could just edit every time in the log instead.

MarC, K3NCO
marc.ressler@verizon.net