WriteLog

[WL-USERS] Adjusting Log Times???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WL-USERS] Adjusting Log Times???
From: Alan.Maenchen@smi.siemens.com (Maenchen Alan (ITC))
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:37:02 -0700
Tks for this 'fix' Wayne,

I didn't discover the time error until after the contest was over. I had set
the DOS clock to GMT, and even selected the GMT time zone in Windows setup
so I thought everything would be fine. The time shown in the lower right
corner was correct, but WL offset that time by one hour in the log. Does GMT
have daylight savings time???? I think the software is getting too smart.
KISS !!

Yesterday, I spent 2 hours writing a BASIC program to take the ASCII log and
shift all the times by one hour. Side question: why does the ASCII log have
lines with more than 80 characters?

That said, this was my first time to use WL and it worked flawlessly. The
packet functions were great!

73, Al  AD6E

1011 QSOs, 1.28 megapoints