WriteLog

Re: [WriteLog] WL won't work with WinKeyer USB on some PCs

To: "'Kelly Johnson'" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL won't work with WinKeyer USB on some PCs
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@microham-usa.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 10:53:06 -0400
> On my desktop, WL, DX4WIN, and WKTest all work with my
> WinKeyer USB on COM8, but none of them work on COM10.  What
> is the difference (other than 10 is 2 greater than 8)?  My
> COM10 is on a USB hub, but my COM8 is a USB port that is part
> of my PC itself.  I'm 99% certain I had WL working on COM10
> last year for November SS, but can't make it work now.

DX4Win only supports CW on ports other than COM1 - 8 simply
because the programmers have not allowed that choice.  I can't
speak for WKtest. However, Writelog works with any port.

For WriteLog see the help file under [Ports] (WriteLog.ini)

 | There are 4 "slots" available for WriteLog rig interfacing.
 | By default, CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by
 | changing the number on the right of the equal sign. These
 | settings are not used for RTTY or for packet
 |
 | CommSlot1=1
 | CommSlot2=2
 |
 | In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and
 | COM8. COM15 is as high as is supported.
 |
 | CommSlot3=7
 | CommSlot4=8

Add the proper CommSlot#=* line to the [Ports] section of your
WriteLog.ini file and you will be able to use WinKeyer USB on
any port you want.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV