WriteLog

[WriteLog] Special Accelerator Key ENTER not working correctly

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Special Accelerator Key ENTER not working correctly
From: eric@k3na.org (Eric Scace K3NA)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:03:16 -0500
There is an INI file option to set.  You may not be aware of some of the other
related INI commands relevant to this mode of
operation.  I usually set them up as follows:

[Configuration]
CqFunctionKey=11
QrzFunctionKey=3
SendCallExchangeKey=10
MoveNextOnEnter=0

The first three specify which function key contains the relevant message to
send when Enter is used:
   CqFunctionKey is sent if the cursor is in the callsign field, the field is
empty, and the Enter key is struck.
   QrzFunctionKey is sent when the cursor is not in the callsign field when
Enter is struck.
   SendCallExchangeKey is sent when the cursor is in the callsign field, the
field is not empty, and the Enter key is struck.

The MoveNextOnEnter is set to 0 if you do NOT want to have the cursor move when
the Enter key is struck.  Set it to a non-zero value
if you want the cursor to move out of the callsign field.

   Although I've used CT's + and Insert keys for many years before being
seduced by WriteLog, I've now converted over to using Enter
almost all of the time.

Note:  I keep the cursor in the callsign field so that I can finish entering
(or correcting) the callsign (hopefully before it gets
sent over the air) before getting ready to record the received exchange.

-- Eric K3NA