WriteLog

[WriteLog] How to repeat CQ

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] How to repeat CQ
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 18:42:47 -0400
At 6:58 AM +0900 6/17/01, Katsuyuki ISHII wrote:
>Hi, folks.
>
>I was taking part in All Asian contest CW with using Writelog yesterday.

[snip]

>I think the condition was not so good yesterday.  How about it today.
>I have to go to work today, but I may be on the air in Monday morning.
>
>Please contact Asian stations for the contest.

I've just purchased WriteLog, and I'm operating in All Asia DX getting
familiarized with the program (logging only at this point - connecting it to
the 1000MP comes later).

It's doing the job it's supposed to do, I just wish I had more QSOs to enter.
As you say, conditions don't seem to be that great - the openings I've had to
Asia have been pretty short and weak. Of course, I opted to go 20 meter single
band for the contest; that probably wasn't the best choice for large QSO
totals...:-)

Anyway, I would encourage everyone to give this contest a try...when the bands
open up there are a lot of Asian stations to work. Select All Asia from the
'Contest Selection' list for logging.

>From the looks of the packet cluster, 15 meters might have been the place to
>be this weekend.

73,

J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
    http://www.geocities.com/~tarquin